What You Need to Know About Teen Weight Loss
In world where physical comeliness matters, increased people are giving too much emphasis on physical appearance. They are becoming interested—even obsessed—in using so many products and services that can help them improve their physical appearance. (“How to Lose 10 Pounds – How to Lose Weight Fast”)
Today, one of the biggest problems of people—especially by teenagers all over the world—is being overweight or obesity. “Too much weight—caused by overeating and lack of exercise—is becoming one of the problems especially of teenagers that cause them to lose confidence.” (“7 WAYS TO LOSE WEIGHT – Google Search”)
If you are a parent who has an obese or overweight child and you would want to help him or her to lose weight safe and effectively, here are some steps that you can do:
- Help your child to produce a great decision. “Losing weight is a decision you must help your child with.” (“Blogger – Weight Loss”) The first thing that you can do is to talk to your child. Ask him or her what he or she thinks about herself. If he or she confesses that he/she does not feel good about his or her physical appearance, then it is now time to ask your child what he/she wants to do. (“Blogger – Weight Loss”)
“Give your child suggestions on how he/she improve herself.” (“Blogger – Weight Loss”) Ask him or her if he or she is willing to lose weight and help your child all the way. Once you and your child have decided, start plotting your plan on how to lose weight effectively, safely, and the healthy way. Aside from making the major decision whether to lose or nor to lose weight, the decision must also include the full participation of both parties in the agenda. (“Diets for Teenagers”)
Aside from assuring your child that that he or she has your full support, it would also be a wise decision if you both formulate a specific plan how you are going to approach this endeavor. The decision will also include the possible resources and strategies you can use. (“Blogger – Weight Loss”)
- If possible, try to change your eating and exercising patterns together. If you really want to help your child lose weight, you should try formulating an eating and exercise plan that can help him or her lose weight effectively. An effective plan may include eating foods low in fat and low in sugar along with a great deal of regular exercise. (“Blogger – Weight Loss”)
- Look for nonprofessional support weight loss programs and use them if you can. Today, there are two weight loss programs that most experts recommend: the TOPS or Take Off Pounds Sensibly which is a self-help club encourages parent-child participation and the Weight Watchers. Statistics say that most people who enroll in these programs drop out even before the program ends, so it is especially important for parents to guide their children, so they will not give up easily. (“Weight Loss”)
- Ask help from professionals and experts that have expertise in cognitive-behavior therapy and weight. Since obesity is one of the major problems of teenagers, increased psychologists offer their services to help people who are overweight to lose weight.
- Send your child to high-quality weight loss camps or to residential weight loss programs. Losing weight can be traumatic experience for your child. Giving him or her a fresh pristine environment to start with can help him or her a lot to pursue the weight loss endeavor.
“Today, there are so many weight loss camps created specifically for those children who would want to lose weight away from the eyes of people who are eagerly and intently watching him or her.” (“Weight Loss”)
In the first few weeks of your child in this new task, he or she may find it hard to concentrate because of the pressure given by the people and the environment. You can help him or her if you look for a safe and clinically appropriate environment that can help her or him focus on losing weight. (“Blogger – Weight Loss”)
Best Wishes, Coyalita
Behavioral Health Rehab Specialist
See Tomorrow: “Weight Loss Plan for Teens”
Just use your first name and valid email address – I will never sell or share your email address with anyone. Never. You may unsubscribe anytime. I hate spam just as much as you do.