How many times have you tried to lose weight?
Most importantly, how many times have you tried to lose weight and failed?
Depressing, isn’t it? Do not worry, you are not the only one, many of us have tried and failed, all we need is a push in the right direction, and that is what I had done to me! So, instead of being selfish, I have decided to let you into my secret, I do not want to be the only one feeling wonderful and fabulous! So here it is my three top secrets to that amazing bikini beach body…
The three main mistakes people make when losing weight:
- People DON’T work off more calories than they consume.
- People DON’T use a combination of diet and exercise.
- People DON’T set goals.
‘People DON’T work off more calories than they consume,’ obvious, yes? NO! The amount of people that do not know this is amazing! Think about it, if you do not work off more calories than you are consuming, how are you going to lose weight? Answer: You are not. If you do not work off more calories than you are consuming then the calories are just going to accumulate, therefore, you will gain weight.
It does not matter how many calories you consume (within reason) if you burn off more than you eat, you will lose weight.
Keep a food diary, believe me, it is so much easier to control what you eat and to be able to see what sort of food you are eating if you write it down, think of it as a blueprint for where you are going to start your amazing journey.
You will be able to see the type of foods you need to cut back on, (notice how I say CUT BACK on, and not cut out? This is because we are human, everyone needs a bit of comfort food now and again, just don’t go all out and finish that pack of cookies, that’s when all your hard work will go down the drain, and no one wants that!) also processed foods, take out, fried foods, these can be classed as a treat every once in a while.
You will also be able to see the type of foods you need to introduce into your diet, fresh fruit and vegetables are a staple food that HAS to be introduced into your diet, without these you will not get the goodness you need to not only lose weight, but to lead a healthy diet, also include pulses and beans, and vitamins and minerals Low in fat milk is a must for healthy bones, and you definitely need healthy bones to work out with! Drink 8 – 10 glasses of water a day, not only is water the best source of refreshment, it washes out all those nasty toxins from your body, also, water is free! What more can you ask for?!
Get a weight-loss friend to write food diaries with, having someone who will watch what they eat with you is so motivational! You can even talk to them when you are having a dreadful day! Play a game with them, if you have a dreadful day food wise, ask them to give you an exercise to do to make up for that slip up, it also works vice-versa! If you really want to be a good weight-loss friend, you might even do that extra exercise with them, not only are you helping them work out, but you can also motivate them!
Now that you have un-covered the first step to your latest look, the rest is easy!
‘People DON’T use a combination of diet and exercise.’ This is so true; people think that if they just eat right, they will lose weight. This is true to an extent, but what happens when you lose weight but do not exercise? You do not get toned, you stomach can become saggy, your arms become saggy, and you do not get the full benefit of losing that weight!
So, how much exercise should we do?
- Adults should do around 30 – 40 minutes of moderate exercise a day, five times a week (moderate means you should be sweating by the end of it!)
- You do not have to do the whole 30 – 40 minutes in one go, how cool is that?! You can spread it out over you day, so if you have a 9 – 5, ten minutes at lunch is perfect, the 20 minutes after work is fine.
- If you suffer from obesity, or if you in serious need of weight loss because of a medical condition, you will need to do around 45 – 60 minutes of exercise five times a week.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator/escalator in work, or out shopping, this helps tone up instantly! You are going to do this at least twice a day anyway! (“How to Stay Cool and Feel Fresh During the Summer: 9 Steps”) (“How to Stay Cool and Feel Fresh During the Summer: 9 Steps”)
- Go Green! Walk to work! Not only are you getting some exercise and fresh air, but you also helping the environment too!
- If you live too far to walk to work, take the bus and get off a couple of stops before you need to, easy huh?
Work out an exercise plan and stick it on your refrigerator along with your food diary, if you trip up one day with your eating, then you can see if you need to do just a little bit more exercise that day. It is a proven scientific fact that visual aids will help you lose weight. Think about those television programmes that show the person who wants to lose weight what they will look like in 5 years’ time if they continue the way they are going? Big shock, huh?
O.K., so you have got the first two secrets uncovered, now for the final one!
‘People DON’T set goals. Goals are a vital ingredient to the recipe of weight-loss! You do not want to under work yourself, but more importantly, you do not want to OVER work yourself! If you over work yourself, you are in danger of harming yourself, whether it be eating too less, or pulling a muscle, goals are important!
Do not set yourself impossible goals, if you do this you will feel defeated and there is a high chance that you will stop trying to lose weight, or even swap to those annoying weight loss tablets, and no one wants to be dependent on pills!
Try setting yourself goals that are easy to reach, after a few months of weight loss, sure, why not set yourself higher targets, but you must get the ball rolling first!
Personalize your goals:
- Consider how much you weigh, how much time you have on your hands, health concerns and your fitness levels.
Set realistic weight loss goals:
- Aim to lose 1 – 2 lbs a week, it will be easier to lose the first 1 – 2lbs as your body is not used to you doing exercise and eating the right type of foods.
- Even though it may be easy to lose the initial weight, do not aim to lose more than 2lbs as your body is still adjusting.
- Aim to lose 10% of your body weight, aiming to lose more than that will only disappoint you!
Set short term AND long-term goals:
- Short term goals consist of things like ‘Exercise regularly,’ ‘Eat healthier,’ where-as long-term goals consist of things like ‘Lose 30Lbs’. Long term goals tend to motivate you more than the short-term goals
Pick a date to start:
- Pick a date and STICK TO IT! Do NOT let this date pass you by for anything. Obviously, you will have to take in account other commitments: work demands, vacations etc. But in that case, set your date when these commitments are not around.
Write down everything:
- Like I said before, write down a food diary, and exercise plan. AGAIN, to re-iterate ‘It is a proven scientific fact that visual aids will help you lose weight.’
Adjust your goals if needed:
- If your weight loss goals are being easily met, e.g., lose 1-2lbs, set your goals a little bit higher, but DO NOT set your goals to high.
- If you are finding your goals hard to meet, then adjust your goals accordingly.
SO! Now you understand the importance of weight-loss you will approach it with a whole new CHEERFUL outlook!
Most people simply are not aware of the basic rules of weight-loss.
- Work off more calories than you consume.
- Use a combination of diet and exercise.
- Set goals. Now YOU know these three simple rules it will be easy to fit into that beautiful item of clothing you have hanging in the closet that has been staring at you since you purchased it!
Now get out there and lose that weight! Look forward to a whole new you that you KNEW existed!
Here is to Your Success! Coyalita
Leave A Reply