Deadliest Excess Substance That Could Form
in The Body
Deadliest Excess Substance That Could Form in The Body “The sustenance of outer membrane cells in every vertebrate requires cholesterol.” (“How To Lower Your Cholesterol | Cholesterol | High Density …”) It helps in blood circulation to the tissues of the body and blood plasma carried as alcohol and fatty lipids (steroids). Proper maintenance of cholesterol levels is necessary for unhindered flow of blood and plasma. The required levels of cholesterol should be maintained and should not be exceeded. (“Excess Cholesterol Warning – How If Affects Your Body”)
Nowadays fast foods and highway eateries are taking over the food market. Hence there needs to be awareness about intake of additional or unwanted cholesterol that can affect the health of the present generation adversely. (“Excess Cholesterol Warning – How If Affects Your Body”)
First, proper, awareness on the working of cholesterol and its effects on the metabolic process of the human body are necessary before knowing how to eliminate it. “Bad cholesterol” refers to low density lipoproteins. Lipoproteins are the carrier molecules. (“Excess Cholesterol Warning – How If Affects Your Body”) LDL can deposit cholesterol on the artery walls increasing its thickness and thus obstructing normal passage of blood. This causes arthrosclerosis. On the other hand, high density lipoproteins are the “good cholesterols.” (“How To Lower Your Cholesterol | Cholesterol | High Density …”)
The various functions of good cholesterol include manufacturing of bile, antioxidants, digestion of fats that are essential for the function of vitamins like vitamin A, D, E and K which are fat soluble. These vitamins help in various metabolic processes of the reproductive organs starting from puberty onwards right up until old age that depend on estrogen levels in the body
“The good cholesterol in our body comes from two sources:” (“Excess Cholesterol Warning – How If Affects Your Body”)
- Almost 75% that is three fourths of the required good cholesterol is produced in the body itself in the tissues of various organs like liver, reproductive organs central nervous system including the spinal cord and the brain, atheroma, and adrenal gland. “Any degenerative change in the atheroma can cause the development of coronary artery disease and atherosclerotic plaques that can cause a hindrance to the flow of blood.” (“Excess Cholesterol Warning – How If Affects Your Body”) This sudden clogging of the arteries can affect the flow of blood to and from the heart resulting in heart attacks that can even be fatal.
- The rest of the cholesterol that is 25% comes from external sources. Hence one must be aware of what they eat and maintain a proper diet. Animal meat, dairy products and egg yolk contain copious amounts of cholesterol. The amount of this cholesterol intake must be carefully monitored as even a small excess in this can cause an imbalance of cholesterol levels in the body. (“Excess Cholesterol Warning – How If Affects Your Body”)
“The cholesterol more than the required 25%, that is, the idle cholesterol can be lowered by:” (“Excess Cholesterol Warning – How If Affects Your Body”)
- Using non-saturated cooking oils that can reduce the intake of fats. The healthiest oil containing non-saturated fats is olive oil which is a palm oil. Others such as coconut oil contain highly saturated fats. Eating fruits and vegetables with high fiber content, taking low sodium content foods and complex carbohydrates can reduce cholesterol levels of the body. (“Excess Cholesterol Warning – How If Affects Your Body”) Soybeans, nuts, corn, wheat, legumes, and staple cereals are some of the best cholesterols reducing food stuffs.
- Eating in restaurants and fast-food joints should be avoided as they contain high sodium content foods and saturated fats. Alcohol can also cause increase in cholesterol levels and should be avoided. (“Excess Cholesterol Warning – How If Affects Your Body”)
- Omega-3 acids found in mackerel, Salmon, some species of tuna and deep-sea fishes help in decreasing levels of idle cholesterol in the body.
Medicines including reductase inhibitors such as HMG-COA, atorvastatin (Lipitor) and lovastatin (Mevacor) which are statins can be taken to effectively reduce LDL but only with the guidance of a physician.
Foods To Avoid to Lower Cholesterol
People just love to eat. Any free time they get they do not miss catching up on a meal. The meal specified here is not one of the three basic meals one has during the day, but it is one the inter meal cravings one indulges in. In other words, snack breaks. Never does an individual pay attention to what exactly is the cholesterol content in the food they are consuming. Their ultimate pleasure lies only in the taste. These snacks oft picked up from fast food centers are extremely unhealthy and have high cholesterol content which has even encouraged McDonalds to mention the calorie content in every product. (“How To Lower Your Cholesterol | Cholesterol | High Density …”)
The alarming growth in the number of obese and overweight people is something to watch out for is what the doctors have realized. The obvious implications of these are the number of people who would be prone to heart diseases and heart attacks would increase in USA. Many suggestions have been made to try to curb this growing syndrome. It includes visiting the doctor annually and making changes to one’s daily habits and lifestyle. (“Beauty Health Tips | Beauty Skin Tips | Skin care”) The only way to reduce the cholesterol intake is to be conscious about your diet. This is the only way you could reduce the amount of it going into your system.
If you are wondering what kind of food is that which is extremely high in cholesterol content? What kind of food is it that you must avoid? Here it goes.
Primarily, if you are a voracious red meat eater, you must cut down upon the amount of red meat you consume like steak, bacon, and ham. (“Keep Cholesterol Down – Simple Diet Tips to Be Taken Seriously”) They are extremely high in fat content.
Foregoing it at one instant will be hard for an individual, hence the age-old technique of divide and conquer must be adopted. One can start by gradually decreasing the amount of such food content. (“Beauty Health Tips | Beauty Skin Tips | Skin care”) The oil and constituent ingredients used to cook fried foods like burgers and French fries are a store house of cholesterol and fat. “This list also includes frozen meals which have been prepackaged.” (“Beauty Health Tips | Beauty Skin Tips | Skin care”)
Dairy and Poultry products like eggs, milk and chicken should be minimized in one’s diet. To ensure that the body gets enough calcium one can instead include milk (non-fat) and yogurt in the diet. (“Keep Cholesterol Down – Simple Diet Tips to Be Taken Seriously”)
As kids one is not as much threat as an adult is with high intake of junk food. Eventually as one grows older the dietary necessities must be taken into consideration. Above we have mentioned the food items one must avoid. Apart from fat and cholesterol these food items may consider other vital elements essential for a diet. (“How To Lower Your Cholestrol | Cholesterol | High Density …”) Hence, we shall investigate substitutes for these food items.
Products such as fruits, soy, whole wheat grain and vegetables must be taken aplenty. These products have omega three acids which reduce the cholesterol content in the human body apart from the essential vitamins and minerals required. One must adopt the motto of eat less and live long and make sure the diet one consumes must be within the limit of thirty percent of cholesterol. (“Beauty Health Tips | Beauty Skin Tips | Skin care”) “One can always visit a dietician for further guidance who will set up a daily dietary pattern with variations.” (“How To Lower Your Cholesterol | Cholesterol | High Density …”)
Best Wishes, Coyalita
Behavioral Health Rehabilitative Specialist
See Tomorrow: “A Drug free Way to Lower Cholesterol”
Just use your name and valid email address – I will never sell or share your email address with anyone. Never. You may unsubscribe anytime. I hate spam just as much as you do.